I have NOT been motivated lately. My eating has been horrible, I haven’t been running much, and I can’t remember the last time I saw the inside of the gym. But enough is enough! On the way to work this morning I decided to set some goals for myself. Some REASONABLE goals. Once I sat down to write them out I realized that I needed a reasonable time frame to go with my goals, so 6 goals in 6 weeks was born!
I’ve set six goals that I feel are very reasonable and will help me get on track. I’ve even printed about the sheets from the Spring Bootie Buster Challenge to help me keep track and things and hold myself accountable. And of course my bestie said she would be my personal cheerleader :) So what are my 6 goals?
1. Less soda – I pretty much only drink diet soda, but I drink too much of it (probably around 48 – 60 oz a day during the week). My goal is just to drink less. Whether its 12 oz less or day or going cold turkey, either one would be an improvement.
2. Exercise/Run at least 3 times per week – 3 times a week is easily doable. I have 4 days on my plan, but I’ll be happy with 3. I just want to do it MORE than I do now.
3. Lose 6 pounds – Ever since I lost all the weight back in the fall of 2009 I’ve stayed within a couple pounds of that weight. For some reason (see above) I seem to be holding on to a few more pounds than I’m comfortable with. So my goal is to lose 6 pounds (one a week) that will get me back down to that weight.
4. Go to yoga once a week – For awhile I was going to Yoga for Runners every week. Then between my injury and other obligations it hasn’t been happening. I know its good for me and I need to get back to it. Between Yoga for Runner and the gym there are 3 yoga classes a week that I could go to, so I should be able to swing once a week with no problem.
5. Only eat out twice a week – Eating at home more means making better choices!
6. Drink at least 72 oz of water a day – I am actually pretty good at this one, but I want to make sure that I keep with it. Between the awful heat here in Florida right now and increasing my exercise and running, I NEED to make sure I stay hydrated.
So today starts the beginning of 6 goals in 6 weeks! Every Monday, now through July 27th, I will post about my 6 goals and how they are going. During the week I’ll be posting on Instragam and Twitter using the hashtag #6in6 to help keep myself accountable. Hopefully by the end of 6 weeks I will be drinking less soda/more water, running more, going to yoga, eating better, and weighing less. We shall see right?
Feel free to come up with your own 6 goals in 6 weeks and play along! What are your goals for the next 6 weeks?